As global enthusiasm for adventure sport continues to grow, so too has the interest from developers, mall owners, theme parks and architects who are seeking to add something exciting and unique to their developments. But the design, business planning and operation of an Adventure Sports destination is something that can only be done through experience.
It is vital to understand the adventure sports market in all its guises and to be able to translate the needs of customers into an activity mix and facility design that works. Good design is, of course, nothing if the operating and marketing model cannot create a great visitor experience whilst delivering strong surpluses. Venture Xtreme Consultancy can help with all this and we aim to offer our clients practical experience, unique insights and an unparalleled level of knowledge in this exciting new area of business development.
“Steve has perhaps the most in-depth knowledge of the adventure sports industry of any single individual on the planet. You can be assured that Steve's involvement in any project will immediately 'up the game' providing more ideas, tangible strategies and an unrivalled insight into the industry. One of life's good guys!” Jamie Smith, MD Ice Factor
We maintain expertise across the full range of Adventure and Extreme Sport activities, from surf to snow, and the ways in which they can be brought together to deliver iconic and commercially successful destinations. These include:
- Indoor Adventure Centres
- Outdoor Adventure Parks
- Climbing Walls and Gyms
- 4 Season Snowsport and Adventure Parks
- Extreme Waterparks
In recent years we have been involved some fantastic projects which demonstrate the great potential of this sector, both in terms of stand alone facilities and integrated adventure destinations. We bring this experience to bear on every consultancy project we work on.
VX Consulting combines high level understanding of the practice and business of adventure sport with the technical, strategic and financial skills required to deliver fully robust business plans.
- Concept Development
- Feasibility Studies
- Market Research
- Financial Modelling
- Facility Design
- Specialist Support to Masterplanning and Design Teams
- Business and Operational Planning
- Economic Impact Assessment
- Development Strategies
“Steve has vision and great business sense. After first working with Steve on a major project I can highly recommend him to anyone considering a leisure venture. Well liked and personable on the one hand and a huge knowledge base on the other make Steve easy to work with.” Steve Lanes, MD Craggy Island
Venture Xtreme Consultancy aims to:
- bridge the gap between concepts and the delivery of effective, visionary schemes
- increase footfall, dwell time and secondary spending
- provide projects with genuine unique selling points (USP’s) helping them stand out from the crowd
- give investors and developers a lead in reaching out to the key high spending lifestyle groups - 18 to 35 year-olds.
- give clients the tools to develop profitable niche sports concepts at the forefront of cutting edge youth culture
- give clients the sort of robust evidence and business case that will stand up to due diligence
- create profitable projects, driving high visitor numbers, repeat visits and unique marketing opportunities
- bring credibility through our personal experience of adventure sport and our huge range of contacts in the sector
“Steve is an inspirational and passionate businessman, with an eye for innovation coupled with a level head for commercial reality. Nobody knows what works in the adventure sports industry better than Steve.” Jonny Cooper Director, H2O projects